Wednesday, January 20, 2010

To forgive and forget

From the begining my life it has been tough, i have had some major trials already. Im almost scared to see what else will come my way as i grow into a woman. When my sister was born we were all so happy But our celebration was soon interupted by grief. My sister was diagnosed with so many diseases and disorders, countless,endless list of medications and treatments. It was so tough! my mother completely focused on abby (my little sister) and dad focused on his job, so he could pay for the medical bills. I was pushed to the side while my sister and mother developed the closest relationship ive ever seen. No matter how hard i tried to understand and keep out of the way i always felt like i wasnt enough for my mom. There is one time that always sticks out in my head: My mother was recording my sister abby with the video camera and i told her i needed help with my homework and she replied to me "No shelby not right now im playing with your sister" i repeated that it was due tomorrow and i didnt understand it. She yelled at me telling me that i just needed to suck it up and try it on my own. I was eight! I was eight and being yelled at to figure it out or make my own dinner. By age ten i was worrying that we didnt have enough money to get us through the week, that daddy wasnt going to come home from work and i'd be left with mommy. As i got even older i was taking abby to my room and holding her while my parents fought over and over again every day. Then finally when i was 13 they dicided they were going to split so we moved into my aunts house.
TO BE CONTINUED...i have to go do something and im tired of writing! lol

No comments:

Post a Comment